Projects on the horizonPosted: March 18, 2011
I have a terrible attention span and I’m really forgetful so I have to write things down to remember them. To be honest, I like making list. (I guess that’s why the Stickies application is one of my favorite on my macbook.) Also I can’t seem to sit still very long unless I am doing something… Okay, sorry tangent.
Without much ado… Here is my list of things to do other than finding a job.
1. Fix my friend’s 360. My friend has one of the first gen 360’s; and obviously, it’s out of warranty. It seems like there is something wrong with the video card. His older brother already called Microsoft and found out it was a cool hundred and some odd dollars for them to fix it which was close to the same amount it would cost to get the older refurbished model. So I went to one of my favorite sites and found a teardown of it. Now, I am not advocating doing this if you are one of those people that hates DIY projects because fixing it yourself will void the warranty but it is a nice option to have around if you can’t afford to get a new one.
2. Finish the sweaters that are on my needles. Most importantly, finish the Biker Boy sweater. I have been working on this sweater for months and I knit fairly quickly too. I think the main reason why it’s taking me so long is because it’s heavy and I’m knitting on circular needles too. Another reason is the knitting needles themselves. To put it mildly, they aren’t that great and to put it bluntly; a stack of poo poo pancakes.
3. Speaking of knitting needles, save to get newer ones. I have the Boye interchangeable set and they have served their purpose. It’s a moderately priced set with a large assortment of needles but it’s not great. My needles are coming apart when I knit even when I use the tightening mechanism. (Also the cords are really stiff and the paint is coming off on my work.) I think what I will do is slowly save and stock up on some Kollage double points and get the Hiya Hiya interchangeable set for smaller gauges and get the interchangeable Addi Lace Click set for the larger gauge. I mainly want the Addi set because of the spring lock mechanism and the lifetime warranty. Is that so bad?
4. Actually upload some of the patterns I have made. I have a scarf pattern and a starfish pattern floating around my hard drive that I have been meaning to upload but haven’t yet. I just need to turn them both into PDF’s and take pictures of them.
5. Save to get MINECRAFT! My friend described Minecraft as being in a blocky version of the New Zealand countryside where there are skeletons and other monsters that attack at you. So with that description I had to take a look at it and I liked the concept of it. That and the sheep did it for me. I thought they were so cute. (The black ones look like they’re wearing a nun’s habit.) I guess my nerdy gamer girl side is coming out. I have been playing games for as long as I can remember and I love video games. I play everything from the Call of Duty series to Eternal Darkness to World of Goo. I do, however; am somewhat of a critic about some things in video games but that is another post or possibly another blog since I sound like a shouty paranoid hobo decrying Skinner box techniques so rampant in games.
So there you have it, my list. I am trying to make the best of my time being unemployed by also filling out grant applications to go back to school and trying to look at the bright side of things.